Job Opportunities at Sound Seekers
Sound Seekers is currently recruiting enthusiastic and committed trustees to join our Board. New trustees will be recruited with a range of skill sets to govern the charity effectively and to support the small staff team.
Deadline: Friday 14 December 2018
Salary: This is an unpaid voluntary position. Reasonable travel and expenses will be covered.
Job Description: Board meetings are generally held four times per year, but trustees will be expected to take a full and active role on the Board and to participate in the activities of Sound Seekers. The role of Sound Seekers’ Board of Trustees includes the following responsibilities (not an exhaustive list):
- Ensuring Sound Seekers’ policies and practice are in line with its vision, aims and charitable objectives and its memorandum and articles of association.
- Ensuring the organisation complies with regulatory and statutory requirements of Charities Commission and Companies House with a commitment to the development and implementation of good practice.
- Exercising overall control over the organisation’s financial affairs including approving plans and budgets and monitoring risk exposure.
- Having a good working knowledge of Sound Seekers and maintaining good links with the organisation through regular contact with the Executive Team and visits to programmes.
- Assisting the Executive team to secure a sustainable and diverse funding base for the organisation.
The ideal candidate will have innovative ideas and be able to think creatively as to utilising our resources in the most effective way.
To apply: To express an interest in becoming a Trustee please email a CV and a brief covering letter (no more than one side of A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting your relevant expertise and what interests you about becoming a Trustee with Sound Seekers. If you have any specific questions about the role, please contact Kavita Prasad (CEO) at email@example.com
All applications will be given consideration by the Board of Trustees. We keep a list of interested applicants for other Trustee and Committee roles that may emerge at a later date – thank you for your interest.
If you are interested in volunteering or want to get in touch please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 833 0035.