History

History

Sound Seekers, formerly known as The Commonwealth Society for the Deaf, was established in 1959 by Lady Templer, the wife of the Governor of Malaya (now Malaysia). Her time there inspired her to assemble a group of ENT surgeons, audiologists, and educators of the deaf to travel back with her to Malaya to offer their help to children affected by hearing loss and ear disease.